Monday 2 May 2011

Holocaust Literature for Adults

Albert Speer: His Battle With Truth by Gitta Sereny  (R)

All That I Am by Anna Funder

Austerlitz by Sebald  (R)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak  (R)

The Boy: A Holocaust Story by Dan Porat

The Dark Room by Rachel Seiffert  (R)

Day After Day by Anita Diamant

Eichmann in Jerusalem:A Report on the Banality of Evil by Hannah Arendt

Exodus by Leon Uris  (R)

The Fiftieth Gate by Mark Raphael Baker  (R)

Fugitive Pieces by Anne Michaels  (R)

The Hidden LIfe of Otto Frank by Carol Ann Lee

If Not Now, When by Primo Levi  (R)

Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor E Frankl


Maus by Art Spiegelman

Mila 18 by Leon Uris  (R)

Night by Elie Wiesel  (R)

The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman 

Ravensbrück by Germaine Tillion (with thanks to Nancy @ ipsofactodotme)

The Reader by Bernhard Schlink  (R)

Reading the Holocaust by Inga Clendenning  (R)

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Schindler's Ark by Thomas Kenneally  (R)

Sophie's Choice by William Styron  (R)

Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky  (R)

Too Many Men by Lily Brett  (R)

World of My Past by Biderman

(R) read pre-blogging days

These are just a few titles that I have read plus new ones I've discovered since writing this blog.

If you know of any other books that I should add to this list, please leave a comment (and a link to your review if you have one) and let me know.

Please also check out my posts for Holocaust Literature for Teens and for Younger Readers.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I've meant to read a lot of these books. Indeed I have a copy of Night sitting in a drawer next to my bed, somehow it never seems the right time to start it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous19/8/12

    I read Ravenbrück by Germaine Tillion in French. It took me weeksto read and a few blog updates to get my words on paper. Here is the link to the conclusion, but the update links are interesing too! http://ipsofactodotme.wordpress.com/2012/07/22/ravensbruck-conclusion/

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.