Thursday 29 September 2011

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick

OMG! I'm breathless.

I would hate to over-sell this book to you, for fear that you will open this wonderful, magical, poignant book with expectations set too high and therefore feel disappointed.

My wish for you is to feel the way I do right now...like I've just finished reading the perfect book.

From page one I was drawn into the two stories that gently unfold in Selznick's book Wonderstruck.
One story is told with words and is set in 1977. The second story is set in 1927 and told entirely via Selznick's trademark black and white line drawings.

The third story is the one that happens as the two stories begin to come together...in a heart-felt moment that reduced me to tears.

I'm not going to tell you any more because I want you to discover this gem of storytelling for yourself.

But if you would like to hear Brian talk about his inspiration for Wonderstuck click here.

Wonderstruck is published by Scholastic and is due in stores on the 1st Oct in a beautiful hardback edition.

And if you haven't seen the trailers for Hugo Cabret yet click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.