Monday 20 February 2012

Housekeeping

Like dusting and vacuuming, I avoid housekeeping posts like the plague!

However, there are a few new things going on in my blog that I would like to expand on.

* For those of you who love to join in or follow weekly memes, blog hops etc Randomizeme has created a fabulous directory that she is adding to constantly - check it out here or click on 'Meme Directory' in my links panel.
You can also try The Daily Meme and  Memeaholics for a wider (ie non-book related) selection of memes.

P.S. According to wikipedia, the definition of meme is "an idea, behaviour or style that spreads from person to person within a culture". And an internet meme is obviously one that spreads through the internet via blogs, email, social networking sites, youtube etc.

* I've been working on my blog fairly solidly this year. I want to reach more people, engage in more discussions and get to know my audience better. So I've joined a number of blog directory's and reading challenges. Just click on the badges if you're interested. It has been a great way to chat with more like-minded bloggers.

* A thousand apologies to wordpress bloggers. I do have an account with wordpress so I can leave comments, but it seems to be quite fickle. Some days, no matter what how often I log in, I cannot leave messages. Today has been one of those days :-(

* Finally Linky Friends - apparently for all non-Blogger blogs, the Google Friends Connect button will disappear after 1st March. As a Blogger blogger, this wont affect me too much, but to allow other bloggers to follow me easily, I've joined Linky. This group has also been another good way to find like-minded bloggers.

* This blog is an award-free blog. My philosophy is to write quick, brief blogs for busy people - the work required to maintain the awards process does not fit into this philosophy.

Finally, a big thank you to all my new followers for stopping by and taking the time to leave a friendly comment behind.

Happy blogging and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.