Tuesday 17 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday - Forgotten Books

The Broke and the Bookish host a weekly meme called Top Ten Tuesday.


This week we revisit those precious gems from our recent past.
Thanks to the Classics Club and the Australian Women Writers challenge I have been prompted & encouraged to read some long lost, unknown or forgotten classics.

I hope this post helps them to be not to forgotten any more!
Click on the links provided to read my reviews.

My Top Ten Underrated/Forgotten Books


10.

So Big by Edna Ferber



9.




8.

Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner



7.

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen



6.

Memoirs of a Fox Hunting Man by Seigfried Sassoon



5.

No Name by Wilkie Collins



4.

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston



3.

The Watch Tower by Elizabeth Harrower



2.

The Tragedy of the Korosko by Arthur Conan Doyle



1.

The Fortunes of Richard Mahony by Henry Handel Richardson


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous17/1/17

    Ah, Mansfield Park is on my list for this year. I just finished Persuasion this past week, and I find that title to be underrated too. Anne is such an interesting character, and that family...Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18/1/17

    I love this topic. With all the distraction of new books, it's nice to be reminded of the older ones. Just added "So Big" to my list!
    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm adding SO BIG to my classics list because of you and this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, Their Eyes were Watching God needs to be better known.

    ReplyDelete

This blog has now moved to Wordpress.
Please visit This Reading Life to comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.